It is your responsibility as a parent or carer to help your kids to make smart choices about who and what they find online.
The Australian Communications and Media Authority gives the following tips for parents:
- Spend time online with your kids;
- Help your kids use the Internet as an effective research tool;
- Teach children that information on the Internet is not always reliable;
- Teach your children 'netiquette';
- Chat safely! Be aware of online 'stranger danger';
- Set rules;
- Be involved; and
- Teach your kids ways of dealing with disturbing material.
Remember the best protection is parental supervision!
Further information about online safety for parents and kids can be found at the Australian Communications and Media Authority website link:
Cybersmart Kids Online: smart net surfing for kids and their grownups ;