It is your responsibility as a parent or carer to help your kids to make smart choices about who and what they find online.
The Australian Communications and Media Authority gives the following tips for parents:
- Spend time online with your kids;
- Help your kids use the Internet as an effective research tool;
- Teach children that information on the Internet is not always reliable;
- Teach your children 'netiquette';
- Chat safely! Be aware of online 'stranger danger';
- Set rules;
- Be involved; and
- Teach your kids ways of dealing with disturbing material.
Remember the best protection is parental supervision!
Further information about online safety for parents and kids can be found here: