Inner West Council

Licensed Premises - Disturbance Concerns Guide

Local councils are often the first point of contact for local residents who have concerns about disturbances to their local neighbourhood. To assist councils in providing appropriate advice to residents, the Office of Liquor, Gaming and Racing has developed a downloadable Disturbance Concerns Guide to provide information to local residents and businesses on resolving concerns about neighbourhood disturbances related to licensed venues such as pubs, clubs, restaurants and bottle shops. 

The Guide emphasises the local resolution of disturbance concerns as the preferred approach to dealing with disturbance issues but also outlines the options of mediation and the formal disturbance complaints process to resolve issues between residents and licensed venues. It also provides advice on the role of the Office of Liquor, Gaming and Racing in dealing with these issues.


The document is also available on the Office of Liquor, Gaming and Racing website and further information or assistance on issues relating to disturbance concerns or complaints related to licensed premises can be sought from the Office of Liquor, Gaming and Racing Compliance Branch on 02 9995 0837.