Inner West Council

Lighting and Maintenance in Parks and Reserves

Maintenance and repair of lighting in parks and reserves

Any requests for maintenance should be referred to Works and Engineering Services on telephone 9716 1987 for determination/actioning.

The maintenance and repair of lighting in parks and reserves is carried out by either Energy Australia or Council, depending on the particular park and type of light involved.

Request for new lighting in parks and reserves

Requests for additional lighting in parks and reserves must be made in writing and include location where the requested lighting is required and details supporting the request for the lighting.
Council staff, in consultation with Energy Australia will investigate the request.
Decisions on requests will be based on the Australian Standard for street lighting and on a priority needs basis in accordance with available funds.

Park Maintenance

If you notice any local park or reserve requiring maintenance please telephone Works and Infrastructure Services on (02) 9716 1987.