Volunteering with Ashfield Council provides many benefits such as a sense of fulfillment, skills development, new friendships and a stronger sense of community spirit in the Ashfield Local Government Area.
We welcome you to make a positive difference in your life and the lives of others through various volunteering opportunities such as:
- Events Management Assistant (Frolic in the Forecourt, Lunar New Year, Carnival of Cultures, Feast of Flavours, White Ribbon Day, Refugee Week, Seniors Week,
Youth Theatre Program, School Holiday Program, etc)
View information on Carnival of Cultures 2015 here.
- Bilingual Interpreter and Translator (Mandarin/Hindi/Nepali/Korean)
- English Tutor for English Conversation Program - Every Friday during School Term 10.00am to 12.00pm
- Language Help Desk (Mandarin-English) - Every Monday during School Term 1.00pm to 3.00pm
- Office Assistant (general administrative tasks, desktop publishing, etc)
- Social Media Assistant
- Community Bus Driver
- Library Bilingual Storyteller - any Thursday or Saturday from February 2015, 11:00am – 11:30am
- Sustainability GreenWay Bushcare - working bees are held twice a month on Sundays from 9:00am to 12:00pm with activities including planting, weeding and mulching.
For more information please click here.
Download the Volunteer Policy and fill up the Application Form on page 9 of the Policy.
Volunteers who are under 18 years of age would need a parent/guardian to co-sign the Application Form.
Volunteering roles that has direct contact with children will need a Working with Children Check clearance obtained for free here.
For any enquiries, or to submit your completed Application Form please contact Sarah Harrison, Tel: 9716-1813, or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org